Full Job Description
Administrative Assistant Job Summary:
Enjoy a great office job, Mon-Fri with holidays off, bonuses possible, & great co-workers. No prior experience is required – we are happy to train.
Must be able to provide documentation for COVID-19 vaccination or medical/religious exception that can be accommodated. Must be able to pass a criminal history background check, credit check, drug screen which includes testing for marijuana.
Do not apply if you can not meet the requirements in the above Job Summary in bold.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Salary Range: $16.50 – $18.00/hour
Join our Team!
Steelhead Finance is looking for a hard working member to join our team. With more than 40 years experience here in the Rogue Valley we know our staff is the heart of our growth and performance. For this reason our employees are a top priority and investment. We offer competitive benefits packages for you and your families needs, growth opportunities, bonus pay, flexible hours and great PTO package in order to give all employees a work/life balance. If you are seeking a family-oriented, fun team of hard working employees we are the company for you.
The member of our team for this position performs diverse duties in support of, and in conjunction with, the Steelhead team, including but not limited to accurately problem solving customer invoice issues and collecting on invoices in a designated portfolio, while communicating concerns to management and Relationship Managers in a timely manner. Provides excellent customer service and administrative support for Steelhead Finance.
Reports to: VP of Operations
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in managing client portfolios and communicate issues and concerns to portfolio manager..
- Use provided tools to oversee items needing follow up.
- Provide friendly, courteous and professional communication support, including responding to incoming telephone calls, electronic mail and voice mail for both internal and external customers.
- Act as a liaison between customers and Relationship Managers.
- Complete daily billing tasks.
- Input information into system to track progress on portfolio.
- Complete required compliance training within established time frames.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain accuracy, neatness and thoroughness in performance of assigned duties to minimize errors.
- Prioritize tasks and special assignments to meet deadlines on a daily basis.
- Answer telephone as needed
- Respond promptly to walk-in customers and incoming telephone calls by assisting or referring them to appropriate personnel/departments.
- Maintain a satisfactory level of attendance and tardiness as defined in the company attendance policy.
Skills and abilities required:
- Work within and foster a team environment, while effectively managing own work load.
- Good oral, written and telephone communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills in order to provide quality service to team mates and customers. Supporting the company’s commitment to fun, professional, service oriented working/business environment.
Education, training and experience:
- Successful completion of a high school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of office equipment essential to job performance: ten-key calculator, personal computer.
- Knowledge of computer programs: Word, Outlook and Internet usage.
Working environment and conditions:
Lifting (up to 30 Pounds)
Interaction with staff and customers
Ability to focus and maintain careful attention to detail
Act on own initiative
Work unsupervised to meet deadlines/demands
May include extended periods of time at the computer terminal
Occasional exposure to noise, hazards, fumes, dust or odors associated with office location and external influences
Potential hazardous conditions associated with financial instructions, i.e. robbery, kidnap, extortion, etc
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the employee(s) classified in this position.
I have read this job description and acknowledge my understanding of the duties and responsibilities set forth therein. I understand that People’s Bank of Commerce has the right to modify or make changes to the job description at any time.’
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Must be able to pass a criminal history background check, credit check, drug screen which includes testing for marijuana and references. Must be able to provide documentation for COVID-19 vaccination or medical/religious exception that can be accommodated.
- One location in Southern Oregon
This Job Is:
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.50 – $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location